Get your GREENS ON for my favorite holiday of the year — St. Patrick’s Day Savannah. Grab this stealthy influx of vitamins and minerals from this one single ingredient and GET a myriad of jaw-dropping health benefits.
I decided to give this whole celery juice thing a go. I'm sharing this blog with you in response to my own positive experience (better than coffee sustaining energy for starters) and learnings of this medicinal powerhouse.
SHOULD I JUICE CELERY OR EAT 12 STALKS?
I don't know about you, but I don't want to eat an entire bunch of celery each day to gain all the benefits. Celery offers a lot of fiber which is great, but it's not the fiber that provides the medicinal healing properties. By juicing, you can maintain and utilize the medicinal qualities in concentrated form. Easy!
CAN I MAKE CELERY JUICE WITHOUT A JUICER?
Yes. *I don't have a juicer and can show you how to do it step by step, image by image.
WHAT ARE THE BIG BENEFITS OF CELERY?
1. Celery's powerful antioxidants help prevent cellular damage caused by unstable molecules known as free radicals. Basically what that means for us is that if too many free radicals build up in the body, they can be harmful, even deadly. Antioxidants in celery help prevent these free radicals from causing damage that may lead to cancer or other disease development. Not only does celery kill cancer cells, but it helps to slow the growth of mutated cells.
2. Natural anti-inflammatory
I immediately thought of 3 people I love that I could share this celery journey with who have fought cancer and won (hello mom and cousin).
However this is PREVENTION of disease and can seek to benefit anyone who wants to LIVE a healthy lifestyle.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CELERY JUICE
1 bunch of organic (preferred) celery
8-16 ounces of juice depending on how big your stalks are. 1 bunch equals 9-12 stalks. Make and drink daily.
1. Separate and wash stalks.
2. Cut off leaves and do not use. It tends to add bitterness.
3. Chop the celery in 2 inch pieces.
5. Place the nut bag inside a medium sized bowl and pour the celery juice through it. Squeeze the celery pulp to further separate the juice.
6. Pour the strained juice into a 8-16 ounce glass.
7. Discard the pulp. Rinse the nut bag and blender with water. Enjoy the drink.
*If you want you juice extra cold, then add a few pieces of ice.
*Drink immediately after making for freshest taste.
More questions? Just ask! Email email@example.com or send me a comment on IG.