Alas, the recipe you can count on to make your Thanksgiving Feast complete. Your vegan and non-vegan family and friends will love this decadent recipe. The only thing it is missing is Y O U.
4 medium-large sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons Earth Balance butter (or other vegan butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup Earth Balance butter (or other vegan butter)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions for Sweet Potatoes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly spray a 2-quart casserole dish.
2. Peel and boil sweet potatoes until tender.
3. Mash the sweet potatoes with large serving fork adding the butter until smooth. Use hand held blender to bring to desired smoothness.
4. Add the vanilla, maple syrup, sea salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
5. Pour into casserole dish.
Directions for Topping:
Next, mix the topping ingredients together until well-combined. Sprinkle topping mixture over the casserole and bake for about 45 minutes.
*If you prefer the topping a little more crunchy then broil for another 2-3 minutes carefully watching so that it doesn’t burn.
For more plant-based recipes, daily body-changing workouts and motivation from me and a cheering tribe, join us on the next Road to Awesome. Next Start Date is 11/28, the Monday after Thanksgiving. More start dates will be posted on the RTA Plan Sign Up Page.
Comments will be approved before showing up.