Hands down, these are my son’s favorite cupcake to make, eat and share. His friends always love them and moms always ask for the recipe. He especially loves measuring and mixing the ingredients and of course licking the spoon. I especially feel good in making this cleaner version of the typical cupcake that requires NO eggs, NO dairy or NO butter. Everyone in his class can eat them as there are no worries for the children with dairy and egg allergies.
I was inspired by and adapted this recipe slightly from Chocolate Covered Katie, who has some mad skills in the baking world. Thank you Katie!
Note: Double this recipe and double the fun in making and eating them!
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup of semi sweet, non-dairy chocolate chips
1/4 cup Just Mayo (best vegan mayo brand)
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup 100% fruit punch (used back to nature brand)
2 tbsp water
1 tsp natural red food coloring or beet juice (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Line a mini-muffin tin with about 12-16 liners or double the recipe for 24-30.
3. In a large bowl combine the first 6 dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl combine remaining wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour wet into dry and stir until just combined. Immediately pour the batter into the tins (each 2/3 full) and bake 14-15 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Share and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.