With over 25 years in the business of personal training and coaching, I have heard all the reasons under the sun as to why one "can't" workout. I could pass off these reasons as true if I didn't care, but CARE is my middle name. I care too much about you than to just let you go on and tell yourself these so-called reasons that hold you back from living your best life, in your best body, your temple that houses every thought and every action you take.
You deserve to feel good and move well in your own skin. Properly programmed exercise and movement, eating nourishing foods and thinking optimistically are tantamount to your best self. You have God-given gifts that make you special so don't waste another moment telling yourself these untruths that lead to a second class you.
Ready to dismantle this old way of thinking?
1. It's too late (do you plan on expiring first?) Time will pass either way. Better for you to go for it then not at all. It's never too late to do the important things - take care of your health, be present for your family, fulfill your purpose.
2. I’m too busy (too busy to improve your temple, the place where you live every moment and propels every thought and thing that you do…really?…why are you working again?) Stop the madness. Work. Life. I get it. However, take 10 minutes to go for a walk or drop and do some push ups every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. Little changes lead to big results. Do something that makes you feel alive and better. If you want to see a change then you have to make a change and there is no better time than right now.
3. I’m too old or too injured or too stiff? (too old for what? To take care of your body that you wished you had done last year next year.) What does being old mean exactly to you and do you like where you are headed? Too injured? The question is what can you do to start to heal your body? Most people I find get used to their injuries and say "Oh that's my bad leg." Why yes it is because keep telling yourself that and then in turn do nothing about it.
Your body is miraculous. Breathe that in for a moment. Your body will strengthen, adapt, and thrive if you just let go of the notion that it won't and then take small action.
4. I can't. The kids need me. (yes they do – they need you to be happy, healthy and there for them in EVERY way, not just half-heartedly walking around like the living dead.) Your kids want to see YOU happy. Did you know that it makes them full of joy to see you live with joy? Did you know that you being motivated, full of purpose to live your dreams and accomplish your goals motivates and inspires them to live and want to accomplish their dreams and goals too? Eureka!
5. I don’t know where to start. (start by doing. Figure out the first step toward your goal and take it.) As Amelia Earhart said "The most effective way to do it, is to do it." Set your timer for 5 minutes and start. Figure out the second step and take it. Everything is figure-out-able!
You can start today with my in person or online training from anywhere in the world.