Who doesn't love a heaping bowl of cozy chili this time of year? I can tell you my husband sure does. Before I realized it, this recipe which typically serves 5-6...was gone...and it was just the 2.5 of us eating. Good thing it was so easy. Paired with a mixed greens salad, a little iced tea and grace before the meal, it sure was a healthy hit.
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup bell pepper
3 garlic cloves, smashed
3/4 cup water
2 Tb tomato paste
3 Tb chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 (15.5 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15.5 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups vegetable broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup fresh cilantro or greens of choice chopped
1. Heat 2 tb of water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
2. Stir in 3/4 cup water and the rest of the ingredients except the corn meal & cilantro/greens and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Stir in cornmeal and greens; cook 2 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to the lowest setting to keep warm and serve with a smile.
Comments will be approved before showing up.