The world will tell you why you can’t and we have come to believe it. My friends, it is quite the opposite. What you possess inside of you is bigger than any perceived obstacle in your way. It’s never too late and you are never too busy to live the life you were created to live, and live healthfully, and you can start right now.
Do any of these “excuses” for not living your awesome life sound familiar?
1. I think it is too late (do you plan on expiring first?) Time will pass either way. Better for you to go for it then not at all. It's never too late to do the important things -- taking care of your health, fulfilling your purpose, are a few of them.
2. I’m too busy with work and with life in general (too busy to improve your temple, the place where you live every moment and propels every thought and thing that you do…really?…why are you working again?) Stop the madness. Take 10 minutes to go for a walk or drop and do some push ups every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. Do something that makes you move. If you want to see a change then you have to make a change and there is no better time than right now.
3. I’m too old or too injured or too stiff? (too old for what? To take care of your body that you wished you had done last year next year.) What does being old mean exactly to you and do you like where you are headed? Too injured? The question is what can you do to start to heal your body? Most people I find get used to their injuries and say "Oh that's my bad leg." Why yes it is because keep telling yourself that and then in turn do nothing about it.
Your body is miraculous. Breathe that in for a moment. Your body will strengthen, adapt, and thrive if you just let go of the notion that it won't and then take action.
4. The kids need me so I can’t. (yes they do – they need you to be happy, healthy and there for them in EVERY way, not just half-heartedly walking around like the living dead.) Your kids want to see YOU happy. Did you know that it makes them full of joy to see you live with joy? Did you know that you being motivated, full of purpose to live your dreams and accomplish your goals motivates and inspires them to live and want to accomplish their dreams and goals too? Eureka!
5. I don’t know where to start. (start by doing. Figure out the first step toward your goal and take it.) As Amelia Earhart said "The most effective way to do it, is to do it." Set your timer for 5 minutes and start. Figure out the second step and take it. Everything is figure-out-able! Reach out to me. I can help you figure it out.
Jump in the water today. Ask yourself if the reasons you are choosing NOT to do something holds water.
Actually say your reasons out loud or tell your best friend. See what happens next. When we examine this closely we too often find the reasons holding us back are not even true. Ask yourself what is the best thing that will happen if I jump. Picture it, feel it and let no one or no thing stand in your way…not even YOU.
Don't want to ask for help or can't find the steps? Then simply join the Road to Awesome 30 Day or 60 Day or even the 7 Day Slay to get you going. These plans will be your blueprint to your personal best and I guarantee, will be worth the trip. xoxo
Comments will be approved before showing up.